Wednesday 6 July 2011

What Do You Believe?

American self-help writer Napoleon Hill (1883-...Image via Wikipedia

"You can do it if you believe you can." -Napoleon Hill

Whether you know it or not your beliefs about anything and everything have a direct impact in your life. They say: "Whatever you believe, you're right." It doesn't matter if what you believe doesn't serve you, or if it's negative and limiting, if it is what you believe it WILL be how you experience your life.

Whatever you are going through your belief is the cause and how you are living is the effect. Oh, I know, you can argue that you didn't ask to be fired, or to be left by your partner, or to be treated badly, or to lose your house, or to be in debt etc. But, that doesn't mean that somewhere in the back of your mind, there isn't an unconscious fear of, or doubts about or an underlying insecurity that is lying dormant in your mind.

I always say, show me someone's life, tell me their circumstances and I will tell you what they believe. So it's time you decide if you are going to let your beliefs define you or if you are going to step up and define your beliefs.

For those of you who I have coached, you well know the number one factor that will make the biggest and most incredible life changing impact in your life; learn to change your thoughts and you WILL change your life. Period.

It truly is the single one thing that you can do for yourself that will make such a huge difference in how you live that you will actually start to believe in magic!

The fact that we think some 60,000 thoughts a day and most of them go unnoticed by us is evidence that we are not in control of what we think about, it's more like what we think about is in control of us and how we live and how we feel.

So, if the facts are that when you learn to get in tune with your thinking and learn how to flip the script when your thoughts don't serve you and that you can actually change your life; what are you waiting for? Why aren't you tripping over yourself to learn how to do this?

Maybe you don't believe it! (Tongue in cheek.) And if that's the case, you're right. But if you want to open your mind to the unlimited possibilities that already exist, if you want to start living the kind of life you never believed in before, if you really want to stop feeling like you do, what do you have to lose by giving it a shot?

On the other hand, if you don't want to, then by all means keep on doing what you are doing, keep on thinking how you've been thinking and don't change a thing. And, oh by the way, how's that been working out for you?

I used to set a timer for every 30 minutes and I would stop whatever I was doing and refocus my mind on what I wanted or how I wanted to live, even if only for 5 seconds. But it got me to keep my thoughts focused on what I wanted and NOT on what I didn't want. And, sometimes if I was really busy, I would simply say, "Thank You for all of my blessings."

I still use my timer when I feel like I'm drifting down the wrong path. It may seem awkward at first or inconvenient, but the alternative is to do nothing and keep living the same way you've always been living and getting the same results.

I can't tell you how many times people tell me things like: "I can't stop thinking of him or her. I feel so bad. My life is ruined. I will never get over this. Things never work out for me. I can't afford to live the way I want. I will never have what I want" And on and on and on.

It's these self defeating, limiting, negative thoughts that keep you stuck right where you are. Granted it's normal to have more intense emotions at the onset of any adversity but it's the constant feeding of your mind with these kinds of thoughts that will keep you mired in a self imposed hell.

But, if you learn to talk to yourself, lift your soul, renew your mind and stop repeating these miserable kinds of thoughts and replace them with those that WILL change your life, you will be sending me flowers when you start to live in a new way.

Instead, send yourself flowers and be happy again, believe in a better future, be grateful for your blessings, have faith and trust that life is a process and it's the "thoughts" you hold on the inside that will reflect how you will live on the outside.


------

Susan Russo is an author and coach whose work has inspired people from all over the world to take back their power! Would you like to empower yourself to do the same? Discover Susan's 7 Keys to unlock your power and sign in for her Free report.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika