Sunday 26 June 2011

Acting is only an interest: Nandita Das

It was never a career for Nandita Das. She wants to be known for her social activities, and she considers acting one of them.

In her quest to do only strong, powerful subjects on-screen, Nandita Das, in her 25 years in the film industry, has not even done an average of two films a year. Yet she holds to her credit films in 10 different languages and each has been true to her beliefs. And while she, like many other character actors, admits that getting those roles has not been easy, her career graph, she notes, also reflects her reluctance to make acting a full-time profession. "I don't see acting or directing as a career. These are just interests that I have, which is why I've only done films I've believed in, and been able to say no to those that I don't fit in with. What my being unambitious does is that I fear nothing. I am not in the game, so I don't have to abide by any rules," she explains.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika